We are now officially into the summer, the 2012 players are quickly morphing in to Next season’s senior class. NYCHoops.net, as always, has been everywhere, checking out the up n’ comers.
Twenty players, who will be attending high school in New York, have already made an impression towards the end of their junior year or during the AAU season thus far.
In alphabetical order:
- Brian Bernardi – 6’3″/2G (Xaverian HS – Brooklyn, NY) – Solid perimeter shooter who’s getting stronger and more confident going into his senior year. Bernardi is also beginning to exert his ability to get to the rim. Playing his AAU ball with the Gauchos and the Brooklyn Clippers
- Emile Blackman – 6’3″/CG (Half Hollow Hills West HS – Dix Hills, NY) – Good finisher who can play above the rim. Had a good showing at the Five Star Camp. Plays AAU with Riverside Hawks.
- Omar Calhoun – 6’4″/2G (Christ the King HS – Middle Village, NY) – Recent UConn commit is fine tuning his already stellar perimeter shooting skills while incorporating the ability to finish at the rim after contact. Plays AAU basketball with the Gauchos.
- Tyler Cavanaugh – 6’8″/F (Jamesville DeWitt HS – Albany, NY) – Fundamentally solid with a diverse assortment of scoring abilities; Good basketball I.Q. Playing his AAU basketball with Albany City Rocks.
- Travis Charles – 6’6″/SF (Bishop Loughlin HS – Brooklyn, NY) – Has potential to be an impact player but needs to be more assertive. Charles plays with the AAU team, the NY Panthers.
- Dajuan Coleman – 6’10” PF/C (Jamesville DeWitt HS – Albany, NY) – Coleman is a beast who has a college ready body and is unstoppable in the post
- Isaiah Cousins – 6’3″/CG (Mt. Vernon HS – Mount Vernon, NY) – Emerging into a key player and seems to be getting better by the day. Can score at the rim but also has a nice mid-range game. Plays AAU ball with New Heights.
- Daniel Dingle – 6’7″/F (St. Raymond HS – Bronx, NY) – A relentless forward who gets after it. Offensive juggernaut. Plays AAU basketball with Long Island Lightning-Dingle.
- Steven Gomez – 6’6″/SF (Wings Academy – Bronx, NY)- Long forward who has moments that shows that he could possibly impact at game. Primarily a defensive presence.
- Leroy Fludd – 6’5″/PF (Boys & Girls HS – Brooklyn, NY) – Powerful player especially in the paint on both offense and defense. Could possibly be a Wing. Plays AAU basketball with the MetroHawks.
- Malik Gill – 5’8″/CG (Mt. Saint Michael HS – Brooklyn, NY) – High energy guard who can collapse defenses with his speed. Has displayed a perimeter game especially from the top of the key. Play his AAU basketball with the Brooklyn Ballers.
- Thaddeus Hall – 6’3″/SG (Thomas Jefferson Campus – Brooklyn, NY) – Played well during the Fordham Team camp. If he becomes more consistent, Hall could be a player to watch.
- Jalen Jenkins – 6’7″/SF (Cardinal Hayes HS – Brooklyn, NY) – Wiry forward who plays defense.
- Justin Jenkins – 6’1″ CG (Wings Academy – Bronx, NY) – A diversity of move and shot. Good perimeter range and good a slashing to the hole. Needs to increase his assist stats up.
M. Wingate Daniel Dingle
- Wayne Martin – 6’6″/F (South Shore HS – Brooklyn, NY) – From obscurity to impact player in a heartbeat, Martin has made a name for himself especially during the summer. Powerful inside and mid-range play. AAU basketball with Long Island Lightning-Dingle.
- Marquise Moore – 6’0″/CG (Holy Cross HS – Flushing, NY) – The rising senior is the Knight secret weapon. Can score both mid-range and from the perimeter. Wide range of skills and good foul shooter as well. Has the potential to be special.
- Nkereuwem OKoro – 6’5″/W (St. Raymond HS – Bronx, NY) – Active wing player gets up the court and to the basket. Recently committed to Iowa State, Okoro has been working on 2-guard skills with his AAU team, Long Island Lightning-Dingle.
- Amadou Sidibe 6’8″/F (Cardinal Hayes HS – Brooklyn, NY) – Under-recruited big who can be a game changer. Defensive minded player who has a motor.
- Jevon Thomas – 5’11″/PG (Our Savior New American – Centereach, NY) – St. John’s bound point guard who can get to the paint and distribute the ball or shoot. Also possesses a perimeter game. Plays AAU basketball with the Juice All-Stars.
- Lucas Woodhouse – 6’1″/PG (Harborfields HS – Greenlawn, NY) – A Steve Nash type point guard who can distribute the ball like a Ninja. Woodhouse is a pass first, pass second PG but is also a very good shooter when coerced. His decision not to play AAU ball could hurt his exposure.